Listening to the boys talk to each other can be pretty darn funny.
Take, for example, the conversation that took place at the dinner table this evening:
Nicholas: “Ben, you did a good job at school today.”
Ben: “Thank you Nicholas. Did you see me doing my work?”
Nicholas: “No. I was on the spider web.”
Ben: “Oh. I was on the spider web too.”
Nicholas: “Yes Ben, you were.”
Ben: “I was playing a game called ‘guess how much sand you get’, and Nicholas, you weren’t playing it right.”
Nicholas (contemplating this for a moment): “OK. Mommy can we get a puppy?”
Huh? I’m pretty sure they were speaking English, but I have no idea what they were talking about. Keep in mind, these conversations get a whole lot more difficult to understand when they start throwing French into the mix, which they often do. Or made-up words, which they also do. Their favorite made-up word right now? Sweepassant, which can mean anything from chase me to leave me alone to I want a cookie. Creative – yes. Confusing and headache-inducing – absolutely!
The funniest part is that they each know exactly what the other is talking about. It’s as though they have this secret language that only the two of them can understand. A way of disguising English (or French) as they plot together to overthrow Pierre and me, and take over the house.
As for the conversation above, I think it started off by talking about school, then continued with the spider web climbing apparatus at the park. But, what do I know? They may have been plotting to extend bedtime and get more dessert.
xo Naomi
Well... all I ca say.... original, creative and brings lors of laughs!!
ReplyDeleteYes the anonymous is me (val) since it's the only way to leave a message if I dont have an account:)
They are definitely funny monkeys! Thanks for reading, and taking the time to comment.xo
Delete