Pierre had a work dinner last night, so I was flying solo with the boys.
We had a nice evening: supper, bubble-bath (they LIVE for bubble-baths!), books, and both kiddos in bed and asleep by 7:30p.m. Or so I thought.
Since Pierre wasn’t going to be home for a few hours, I decided to pamper myself a little with a clay masque. (Ladies…I highly recommend this: http://www.queenhelene.com/skincare_product_detail.php?id=48. It is super cheap, smells so good, and leaves your skin feeling soft.)
In any case, I was in the bathroom applying the green goop to my face, when Ben walked in looking for a drink. Sleeping? Not so much. He took one look at me, with eyes big as saucers, and said: “Mommy, you look like an alien!!!”
Now, I might normally take a little offence to that statement, but this time, he wasn’t wrong.
“Mommy, what IS that stuff?”
“It’s a clay mask buddy”.
He pondered this a second, “Mommy? You put mud on your face?” Clever kid, eh?
“Sure,” says I. “It helps to clean my face, and makes my skin soft.”
Now I could see the wheels turning in his head. Mud to clean your skin? Interesting. Hmmm… I will not be surprised if the mud from the garden makes its way to his face the next time we are outside.
Nicholas, hearing his brother and me, ventured into the bathroom too (Hey! You were both supposed to be sound asleep!!).
He looked at my face and said, “Mommy, you look very colorful.” I’ll take that over looking like an alien.
I gave them both a drink of water, and sent their little bums back to bed.
And made sure to wash off the masque before Pierre got home.
xo Naomi
Reminds me of that commercial where the mom decides to pamper herself and apply a clay mask, but the kids walk in...and promptly run out screaming. ;)
ReplyDelete"You look colorful" - love it! Wish Jord felt that way when I'm gooped up with the stuff. ;)
The boys have been begging me to put the masque on again...seems like they like the alien!!
Delete