Why do vacations go by so quickly? Must be because we had a great time! Time flies, right?
We spent the last week in Lake George, NY with Pierre’s dad, Pierre’s sister Valérie, and her fiancé Jean-François, or as the boys call them: Grand-Papa, Tante Va-Va, and Oncle J.J.
It was a blast! We fished, we beached, we swam, we biked, we visited, we B.B.Q-ed, we ate…there was so much to do, and not enough time to do it all.
For anyone looking for an Adirondacks vacation, we booked our cabin (my little bilinguals fondly called it “The cabane”) through www.adkbyowner.com, and could not have had a better experience. We found a gorgeous cottage on a lake in the Lake George area, and the owners graciously shared their home with us. We woke to the sunrise over the lake each morning, swam at our near-private beach, and made good use of the row-boat and canoes left for us. And all done with Benjamin and Nicholas. Life could not have been better. Oh…did I mention that the owners left us a lovely, welcome bottle of wine? Guess it got better, eh?
So much fun to write about, so there is more to come. In the meantime, and in the spirit of summer, here is an awesome S’mores cookie recipe that I stumbled across today. It was so hot during our visit that we never managed a campfire to make the S’mores that I had promised the boys. So, today we made the next best thing. I didn’t have any marshmallow bits, so I used mini-marshmallows instead. So yummy!
And a few pictures from our trip:
Boys hanging on the porch…
My little surfers.
The boys with Grand-Papa.
Family photo at Lake George.
Just so handsome!
More to come…
xo Naomi
Great Blog!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You might try Jean-Francois.. the masculin version!!!
Oops! Fixed!!
DeleteSounds like you had a great time! Love the family pic!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! Miss you.
Delete