I know what you’re thinking, and no, I don’t mean the tummy gut that never seems to disappear after pregnancy, no matter how many sit-ups you do.
No, no no. I’m talking about the intuition that moms have that just tells us when our kids are sick. THAT GUT. The feeling in your stomach that lets you know it’s time to head to the pediatrician. Do you have that? Of course you do. Me too. And my intuition has some back-up too….a phone call to my mom. Mommy-Gut with Grandma-Gut is unbeatable. Sickness beware.
So, we had an amazing weekend (I’ll blog more on our weekend adventures later). However, all weekend Ben was talking VERY loudly. And I don’t mean little-boy loudly. He was shouting at jet-plane decibel, hurt your ears, make you flinch loud. ALL. WEEKEND. LONG. And he had no idea that he was doing it. Hmmmm…what does the Mommy-Gut say about that? Methinks an ear infection is coming on.
Sure enough, poor kiddo wakes up this morning with a runny nose, and low-grade fever. Guess where we headed? You guessed it. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Head directly to the pediatrician. And the pediatrician says: double-ear infection. Ouch. Little guy missed out on his school picnic today too. Double-ouch!
Now, I try not to head to the doctor for every little thing with the kids (we’d be there ALL the time if I did). And I definitely hemmed-and-hawed about going this morning (hence the call to Grandma). But, I’m relieved that I trusted my Mommy-Gut today (the intuition gut, not the tummy one!).
Think we’ll spend the day tuning into Disney Channel. Good deal for Nicholas, he gets the T.V. without the sickness.
More to come about the weekend. In the meantime, when one of the boys is sick and we’re stuck in the house, I like to bake (That’s just an excuse…I like to bake all the time!). Here are a few of my new favorite muffin recipes. Enjoy!
Low-Fat Carrot Cake Muffins That Don't Taste Low-Fat!) Recipe - Low-cholesterol.Food.com – 181385
Apple Muffins on the Food Network
xo Naomi
Nothing beats that instinct!
ReplyDeleteI am going to try those carrot muffins. Yum!
Laurelle
I hear you! Carrot muffins are super tasty. How's Ella? How are you?
DeleteI've had a moment or two of Mum's Intuition myself - even after being told, "No, no, he's fine! Kids are just like that!" Sorry, but we know our own kids better than anyone else!
ReplyDeleteI'll definitely try those muffins, and I'll send you the most amazing banana bread recipe on facebook ;)
Yum!! Definitely share. Banana bread is a staple in our house.
Delete