Happy Summer everyone!
We took the boys to an amusement park yesterday. It was fun. Now, you need to know that I am not an amusement park kind of person. I don’t much care for rides. Mostly because I am a great-big-chicken, who doesn’t love heights. Pierre, on the other hand, lives for rides. The faster, the better. Wooden roller-coasters have to be his favorite. And guess who the boys take after when it comes to rides? Right again…Pierre!
Now, Ben is a little cautious about the whole ride endeavor. He approaches rides slowly, check them out, then ends by loving the adventure. In this regard, he is just like me (albeit a little more gutsy since he will actually go on that which scares him!). Now, his brother could not be more different. Nicholas shows no fear (which is super-scary for me!). He goes full-steam ahead, without calculation, and with complete enthusiasm for what’s to come. Thankfully, the two of them seem to balance each other out. Ben slows Nicholas down a little, and Nicholas encourages Ben, through example, to try things that he otherwise might not.
Yesterday, was all about the kids. We must have hit every kiddie-ride in the park (just my speed). And by far, the boys’ favorite was the flume. They loved the slide at the end, and getting a little wet. They came off the ride smiling ear-to-ear.
Now, in French a flume is commonly referred to as a pitoune. My little bilinguals spent most of the day running around saying, “I love pitounes!! J’aime pitounes”. Cute, right? Well, it is until you consider that pitoune roughly translates as chick. NOT the baby chicken kind. And that’s the polite, kid-rated translation. Hmmmm…..
A fun day, and well worth the admission price for all the smiles. I guess I’ll have to start liking coasters though. I don’t think the kiddie-rides will last for long. At least not if Nicholas has any say about it.
xo Naomi
P.S. Keep an eye on my menu tabs on the site. More to come!!
Comments
Post a Comment