It poured yesterday. All. Day. Long.
Rainy days with preschoolers can be tough. I am pretty sure that there is a direct, scientific link between precipitation levels and kid-craziness. My walls probably have Benjamin and Nicholas-sized dents from all the bouncing.
We did manage to keep busy. There was some coloring, a quick errand, and puddle-jumping too (and I’ll admit some Disney Channel).
And we baked. Baking is definitely a favorite rainy-day activity in our house. Who am I kidding? Baking is a favorite activity in our house – period. And I am determined that the boys will know how to do two things before they leave home: cook and laundry.
Yesterday, the boys requested cinnamon buns, so I wanted to share the recipe. It is one of my favorites. Now, I love to bake, but I cannot make bread to save my life. I have trouble getting bread to rise in the bread-maker, that’s how awful I am at it. Thankfully, this cinnamon bun recipe is yeast-free! Hooray. And it is super easy and delicious. Follow the suggestions added below the recipe, and add an egg to the dough. And don’t let them bake too long. 20 minutes should do it for delicious-gooeyness. Enjoy!
Quick Cinnamon Rolls - No Yeast Recipe - Food.com – 293243
The boys roll out the dough
Before and after baking
xo Naomi
Yum! Those look delicious! Try topping them with some cream cheese icing:
ReplyDeletehttp://allrecipes.com/recipe/cinnamon-bun-icing/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=cream%20cheese%20icing%20cinnamon%20buns&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page
Now I'm hungry for some cinnamony goodness!
Mmmmm.....cream cheese icing. Love! Good thing I have Jillian Michaels on DVD!!
Delete