My boys love to ask questions. All. Day. Long.
Here’s a round-up of some of the questions that either Benjamin or Nicholas have asked in a 24 hour period. Yes. 24 hours. All these in one day. And this is just a sample:
“How does electricity get to the house?” (This was asked by Ben, after we had lost power during a storm.)
“How do you get to Heaven, Mommy?” (From Nicholas! I told him you had to be a very kind person your whole life.)
Then he asked: “No Mommy, how do you fly up to Heaven?” (Ummmm…)
“Why is an encyclopedia called an encyclopedia?” (This from Ben.)
“Why are they called Lincoln Logs?” (Also Ben.)
“Mommy, how come you don’t know why they’re called Lincoln Logs?” (“I don’t know” is obviously not an acceptable answer.)
“Why can’t you see lightening bugs during the day?”
“Why do I go poop?” (Obviously Nicholas.)
“What?”
“What?”
“WHAT?” (We’re working on saying pardon instead.)
(Ben, passing a fireworks tent): “How can people sell fireworks if they can’t reach them?”
“Papa, what does service mean?” (When I lost service on my cell phone.)
“Can I have a drink, please?
“Can I have a snack, please?”
“Can I have lunch, please?”
“I’m hungry. When’s supper?” (Any combination of the last four are asked repeatedly throughout the day. At least I usually get the ‘please’.)
“Mommy. Mommy! MOMMY!!! Where are you?” (This one when I am in the bathroom…hiding from them!)
“Can we have a puppy?” (Nicholas, and for the last time…we already have a dog!!)
“Mommy? Someday, can we go back to Disney and go to Blizzard Beach, and do the waterslide called Teamboat Springs? (Ben is very specific in his requests.)
“Mommy, what’s a volunteer?” (This from Ben. No idea what made him ask that.)
“Mommy, what if a boat had a bed on it where pirates can sleep?” (Ben again, inspired by Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Channel.)
“What’s a piranha?” (And after I explained it to Ben…): “I think Nicholas is piranha food.” (Not a question, but still funny.)
“Mommy, why do you have tape out (because I was fixing a book)". “Why are you fixing the book?” “Why was the book ripped?” “Can I fix the book?” “Can I get another book?” “Why is tape sticky?” “Why can’t I have the tape?” “Mommy, can you get some more tape for me?” (All Nicholas, on and on and on!)
“Can we go to the pool? Now? Right away?” “The indoor pool or the outdoor pool?” “Can we go in the splash pad?” “Can we go down the rainbow slide?” (Both boys, repeatedly throughout the day)
“Mommy, why are you littler than Papa?” (Nicholas, who can’t wait until he isn’t the littlest member of the family.)
“Mommy, where’s Lamby? Where’s Moo? Where’s Mac? Where are my shoes? Where’s my hat? Where are my pajamas? Where’s my book? Where’s my truck? Where are my sandals?” (Insert any other item that they haven’t actually looked for, but think they’ve lost.)
My head just might explode, but I do love their curiosity.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment