Before I start this post, I want to say a great, big, huge THANK YOU to everyone who wrote me about Ben’s allergies. You all shared wonderful ideas and stories about what helped you and your kiddos. And thank you to the amazing hearts who offered to take Diesel if need be. You are all incredible. Much appreciated!! I’ll keep you posted on the state of allergies in our house. Dust bunnies were evicted yesterday…
On a feathery note, look who the boys and I found in one of our hanging-pots of impatiens:
We discovered this lovely momma-dove when I almost dumped a bucket of water on her! She seems to think that this pot on our porch is a perfect place to make her nest. Currently, she’s sitting on two eggs. Benjamin and Nicholas check on her everyday, and are getting anxious for the appearance of little birdies. We had a talk, when we first found her, about being quiet on the porch so as to not scare her away. Now, when we go outside, Nicholas says: “Shhhh, shhhh….we have to be quiet”, which makes me laugh: Kid, you’re telling me to be quiet? Really?! Ben says having a dove in our pot is a little bit of a problem. He wants to know how we’re going to water the flowers with eggs in the nest (so far, we’ve been watering with an oscillating sprinkler, and momma-dove gets a little wet).
After the boys go to sleep at night, I like to go outside and talk to our love-dove a little (I know, I know, I’m talking to birds. But in my defense, it’s one mommy to another!). She never flies away. I think it’s because she likes us. Pierre says she’s just too scared to move.
Stay tuned for baby birds!
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment