Nicholas got into a flight with a black fly, and the black fly won!
My little bruiser was bit by, what I am assuming, was a black fly yesterday morning. The pesky inspect took a little chunk out of Nicholas, in the corner of his eye. I carefully dabbed a little witch hazel on it, and we went on with our day. No swelling, no redness, no reaction.
Well, this morning my poor peanut woke up looking like this:
Seems as though we just can’t escape allergies in our house this summer! Really, I shouldn’t be surprised. As I kid, I swelled up from the smallest mosquito bite, and Pierre still reacts with welts if a bug so much as looks his way.
Nicholas was undeterred. After Pierre took this picture, my pint-sized Rocky exclaimed: “That black fly was very rude!!” I agree.
He won’t let me ice it, but a swollen eye hasn’t slowed him down all that much. He’s been busy playing with Legos, driving his trucks, and bugging his brother all morning. Just another day at the office for Mr. Nicholas.
xo Naomi
P.S. Recipe share!! I made these muffins yesterday, and they are tasty! I used regular milk in place of buttermilk, and vanilla extract instead of almond extract. You’ve got to use what you have in the house, right? Oh, I also cut the sugar in the batter by 1/4 of a cup. Just make sure your mangoes are very ripe. I love the summery flavor of these muffins:
Poor guy! Though he does look super tough with the black eye!
ReplyDeleteRecipe tip: If you don't have buttermilk, substitute by mixing 1 tbsp of lemon juice + enough milk to fill 1 cup. Let sit for a few minutes, then use as much as you need! Voila!