I love Sesame Street.
Really, what’s not to love? It’s great children’s programming. The boys learn a little something new, the celebrity sighting are fun (and keep me entertained), and the nostalgia is even better. Granted Elmo can irritate, but who can resist Cookie Monster? And it’s on at 8:00 a.m. each weekday morning, so while Benjamin and Nicholas are tuning-in, I have time to drink tea, get dressed, and dry my hair.
If all that wasn’t enough, this morning Sesame Street gave me one more reason to love it.
Each episode Murray, a big orange Muppet, tells viewers about “The Word on the Street”. It’s a complex word (think metamorphosis, measure, ingredient and so on) that is presented to the kids, and defined throughout the show. Cute idea, eh? Great way to increase kids’ vocabulary.
Well, while driving to the Y this morning, after Sesame Street, Ben said from the backseat:
“Mommy, today the “Word on the Street” was exquisite.”
“Exquisite? That’s a good word. Do you know what it means?” I asked.
Ben, whose memory puts mine to shame, replied, “It means when something is very beautiful and very special.” Then he paused for a minute. “Mommy?”
“Yes?”
“I think that you are very beautiful and very special. You are exquisite.”
Awww…Thank you, Ben (and thank you, Sesame Street!)!! Honestly, the things that come out of his mouth floor me.
Then, Nicholas piped up: “Mommy, I think that you are a rocket, and I am a fire truck.”
Um, thanks Nicholas.
From a three-year-old, that just might be a big compliment.
xo Naomi
LMAO @ Nicholas! Too funny!! LOVE IT! Heeheehee! (once again, I'm the kooky lady in laughing out loud in Starbucks...).
ReplyDeletexo
Jenn
Ha!! Love that I can make you do that!!! I know, Nicholas is a goof. Ben is just so sweet. xox
Delete