Pierre eats Mini-Wheats for breakfast every morning. Every morning. He claims that the shredded cereal is the only thing that fully fills him up. So, the current Mini-Wheats recall has been a little rough on him. Who else has it been rough on? Nicholas and Diesel. Pierre shares a nugget of his cereal with both of them each morning. Which leads me to this cute story from a few weeks ago…
When Pierre went to Phoenix for work at the beginning of the month, he had a very early morning flight. He was up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready to go. And while I got up with him (only because he’d be a way for the week. Usually I am snoozing away while Pierre gets ready for work…he likes to remind me that, when we were first married, I’d get up and make him breakfast each morning. Oh well, now he has Mini-Wheats!), we didn’t wake the boys. Even Diesel stayed in bed.
As Pierre was pouring his cereal into the bowl, he took out one rectangular morsel, and put it on the counter. “I’ll leave this here for you to give to Diesel,” he told me. “Otherwise, he is going to drive you crazy until you give him one.”
“O.k.” I said, knowing that the dog can be very persistent when it comes to food. Apparently, lab’s brains and vocal cords are directly connected to their stomachs.
Pierre finished his cereal, grabbed his luggage, and was off to the airport for his flight. Sigh.
A couple of hours later, the boys were busy having their morning juice at the kitchen counter. Nicholas noticed the Mini-Wheat left by Pierre.
A big smile spread over Nicholas’ face, “Mommy!! Look,” he cried. “Papa left me a Mini-Wheat!” He quickly popped it into his mouth, and chewed it with a grin.
I didn’t have the heart to tell Nicholas that the Mini-Wheat left by Pierre was for the dog. It was pretty early in the morning after all; I was impressed that Pierre remembered to leave a Mini-Wheat for anyone. Not to worry. Diesel got a dog treat instead.
And Nicholas was a happy, Mini-Wheat munching monster. I don’t think I’ll ever read him this blog, though. What he doesn’t know…right?
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment