Here is some of what the boys have said this past week:
Nicholas, wearing a Captain America mask and a shirt with CANADA embossed across the front: “Mommy! I Captain America, and I from Canada!” Love my little dual-citizen boys.
Ben, watching ‘Mike and Mike in the Morning’ with Pierre… “Papa, one of the Mikes isn’t there this morning, so they need to get rid of the ‘and Mike’ and just call it ‘Mike in the Morning’.”
Nicholas discovering something about burps: After a great big one, he looked at me and said, “Ooohhh…that was my crunchy peanut butter.” Ewwww! Boys are so gross sometimes.
Nicholas is all about being big right now. I made the mistake of calling him my little boy: “Mommy, I a big boy. I littler than Ben, and Ben is bigger than me, but I still a big boy.” Note to self: Do NOT call Nicholas little.
Ben: “If Rice Krispies are made of rice, then how do they get the crispy?” Good question.
Me to Ben: “How do you know so much?”
Ben: “I was just born that way.” So modest, my son.
While driving in the car this weekend:
Nicholas: “Mommy, our car is a airplane. Papa is driving. Papa is the pilot, and me and Ben are the riders. And Mommy, you are the snacker.”
Me: “I’m the snacker? What’s a snacker?”
Nicholas: “You give us the snacks. You’re the snacker-girl.” So, basically if our mini-van was an airplane, I’d be the flight attendant. Considering that I’m not the best flier in the world, this might be a problem…
Ben has two new loose teeth, front and center on the bottom row. As if the kid hasn't already lost enough teeth. According to Ben, I’m allowed to wiggle them for him once a day. Considering how toothless he is right now, I think I’ll keep my fingers out of his mouth.
Ben: “Mommy, did you know that comets orbit around the Sun with the planets.”
Me; “Cool Ben. Do you know what orbit means?”
Ben (more or less rolling his eyes at me): “It means that the comets move in a circle around the Sun.”
Me: “Wow! How do you know that Ben?”
Ben: “I just plugged it into my brain.”
This weekend while on a picnic hike in the woods:
Me: “Ben, could you sing me one of your Halloween songs from school?”
Ben: “Sorry. My songs don’t work right now. No Internet.”
More to come…
xo Naomi
"I was just born that way"...LMAO!!
ReplyDeleteModest kid, eh?
Delete