All of a sudden, Benjamin is really into yoga. Yes. Yoga. He spent over an hour yesterday willingly turning himself into a little human pretzel. Don’t believe me? Check out the pictures below (don’t you wish you were that flexible?):
Now, Benjamin regularly does a yoga program with his PT (who is awesome!!), and likes it. The benefits for him are great too: help with balance, coordination, attention, spatial awareness…all around goodness, right? A fun non-competitive activity for a fun, non-competitive kiddo.
So, I found Benjamin a kids’ yoga DVD. It is adorable. Each letter of the alphabet is paired with an easy yoga pose from A to Z. Cute, eh? Educational? For sure! A good way to save my sanity for a half-hour on a rainy day? You bet!! Well….not so fast. Ben liked the DVD for a little bit, then completely lost interest. I had bought the DVD about a year ago, and lately it has been collecting a whole lot of dust (I know, I need to do a better job cleaning my house). Each time that I’ve suggested yoga recently, I’ve been met with a “How about a Jake (as in Neverland Pirates) instead?” Or Ben’s selective hearing will suddenly kick-in, and my suggestions falls on deaf little ears. I’ve had his hearing checked (twice!), so I know the stinker can hear me.
Well, little kids are kind of fickle with their likes and dislikes, aren’t they? All of a sudden, Benjamin can’t get enough of his Yoga DVD. He’s done it three times in the past two days. Maybe because I haven’t suggested he try it? Funny how that works. And, Ben has even convinced Nicholas to give it a go too:
A is for airplane.
D is for downward-dog.
Nicholas lasted until the letter K (for kangaroo), before finding me in the kitchen and saying:
“Mommy, Ben’s yoga alphabet is too long. Can I have a snack?” (The alphabet is too long?!! Did I mention that I’m sending him to preschool next week? Yikes!).
I think I’ll do the DVD with the boys the next time. But, I won’t suggest it.
xo Naomi
P.S.: The boys and I made these peanut butter cookies yesterday. A good, solid recipe for anyone who loves peanut butter (in my house, peanut butter has its own food group). And easy to make with the kids:
Peanut Butter Cookies - Food.com
MMM….cookie!!!
Comments
Post a Comment