Ok…this isn’t about the boys, but it’s funny, so I had to share:
I stopped by the gas station last night to fill up the mini-van after class. Since my windshield was super dirty (thank you random bugs!), I decided to give it a wash. Usually, the squeegee is Pierre’s job: his wing-span is a whole lot bigger than mine which makes reaching across the windshield easier. Last night though, it was all me, so I manned (or womanned!) the mop.
As I was cleaning my windows, I heard a loud voice behind me:
“Hey! Wow!! A chick cleaning her windshield. That’s what I need. Can you do mine next?”
I looked over to see a guy, let’s call him gas-station-dude, late-twenties or so, smiling at me as he walked to his car.
I laughed a little.
Gas-station-dude then said: “Whoa!! Check out the smile on that chick!!”
Now, that was the second time he’d called me chick, even though I think he meant it as a compliment, sort of.
“Chick??!” I said.
“Oops. Sorry!” Said gas-station-dude. “Did I just say something offensive? Do I need to apologize?” His smile told me that he wasn’t the least bit worried about offending me.
“No. No worries. I drive a mini-van. It’s been awhile since I’ve been called a chick.”
“Right!” He said. “You’re a mommy-chick. A soccer-mom-chick!!”
I smiled and headed to my mommy-chick-mini-van. Gas-station-dude was kind of funny.
“Have a good one!!” Yelled gas-station-dude.
“You too,” I said. Then I got into my van, and drove home, chuckling to myself along the way.
Pierre says that I was being hit on. I say that gas-station-dude figured that he was giving a tired-looking, ponytail mommy a thrill. Or maybe he just really did want me to wash his windshield.
xo Naomi
lol!!!
ReplyDeleteVery funny thaks for sharing and that is quite a compliment mommy chick!!!
YOU my friend ARE a mommy chick!! You were being hit on, glad though that Pete was at home, had his manliness stepped out of the van. That young buck would have shut it right quick!! Good on ya!! :)
ReplyDeleteHa!! Love you Reese! Am pretty sure he wanted his windshield cleaned. Seeing the minivan he probably figured I was used to cleaning up after people.
Delete