Ben’s kindergarten teacher gave each student, in her class, a clothespin.
Ben’s clothespin goes back and forth with him each day to school. It’s used to hold homework, forms and messages as they go from home to school. Each day, Ben is responsible for the papers on his clothespin. As a teacher, I think this is an ingenious method of organization. I love it! The clothespin is cheap, portable, and more durable than a paper folder.
Or so I thought.
When I came home from class a few days ago, this is what I found:
The clothespin met Indy, and the clothespin lost.
Now, I’m not sure how Indy got ahold of Ben’s clothespin. It could be that I didn’t zip Ben’s schoolbag completely closed after checking for his schoolwork that afternoon. It could be that Ben opened his bag and forgot to close it. And, for some reason, Nicholas is claiming responsibility for the entire incident. I can’t quite figure out how Nicholas was involved, but I appreciate his honesty. Though I imagine that Nicholas might just be feeling guilty about something else that I have yet to discover.
In any case, Pierre said that Ben was pretty upset over his eaten pin. The solution was simple. I jotted off an email to Ben’s teacher:
Hi Mrs. X.
Could Benjamin please have another clothespin? Our puppy ate it!
Thanks,
Naomi
I wonder if that was a first? I imagine not. I doubt it will be a last either.
The Clothespin-Eating Culprit
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment