Nicholas has done a 360 degree turn with his behavior. Helpful, kind, sincere. Sugar could melt off my youngest today. He is just that sweet. It seems as though Nicholas has taken this whole Frisbee visit seriously. In fact, I’ve noticed him checking out our resident elf several times today, making sure that Frisbee has been noticing his good deeds and nice attitude.
Regardless of this change though, I did threaten to sell Nicholas this morning. Now, before anyone goes calling Child Protective Services, you should know that I tell Nicholas that I am going to sell him just about everyday. Okay. That didn’t help, did it? Let me rephrase: I would never sell Nicholas. Or Ben. Or even Pierre for that matter. I love my boys, and they all know it.
But, Nicholas and I do joke that I’m going to sell him. I tell Nicholas that he is for sale, then (depending on his mood) he tells me who I should sell him to (it’s usually Grandma and Grandpa or Grand-Papa – the kids knows a good thing when he sees it!) or he gives me all the reasons why I should keep him.
Who could sell this cutie?
Today, as Nicholas was brushing his teeth I said, “Nicholas, today is the day that I will sell you.”
Nicholas took his brush from his mouth, “No Mommy. You can’t sell me today.”
Hmmm…not even to Grandma? I was intrigued.
“Why not?” I asked.
He brushed a little more, then solemnly replied, “Because I would be too worried about you if you sell me.”
Interesting. Worried about me? Worried was definitely a new word and feeling from Nicholas. I wondered if he knew what it meant, and what would make him worry.
“Why would you be worried about me Nicholas?”
“Because Mommy,” Nicholas explained sweetly, toothbrush hanging from his mouth, “If you sell me, then you wouldn’t get any snuggles, and you would be sad. I know that you love snuggles.”
See? Melting sugar. He pegged worrying too.
And better yet? When Nicholas finished brushing his teeth, I got those snuggles.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment