The boys went to time-out Friday afternoon. In tandem. This is not breaking news.
The rule in our house is: “the louder you are while in time-out, the longer you stay,” so both of my monkeys are pretty good about being quiet in the corner (they’ve had enough practice, after all). Well…Nicholas needs reminding most of the time, but he’s getting there.
On Friday, they were exceptionally quiet. Not a peep. So quiet, in fact that I got busy and forgot that I had put them in time-out in the first place. Don’t judge. It was Friday afternoon after a busy, crazy week. After about 20 minutes or so (it could have been closer to a half-hour…again, don’t judge), Benjamin called softly, “Mommy…can I come out of time-out now?”
Oops!
I let Benjamin leave his corner (sometimes I feel as though I’m in a boxing ring – “Boys! To your corners!”), and called for his brother.
No answer.
Weird. I called again, expecting to hear the stampede that only a four year-old can make as he embraces his freedom.
Again, nothing.
At this point, I was getting a little worried. I hurried into the living-room. Here’s what I found:
He was snoring too.
Maybe I can blame all the naughtiness on fatigue? Life sure is hard when you’re little.
Nicholas slept curled on the floor for another half-hour while Benjamin and I played (and I tried to ease my guilt at having forgotten about him in time-out). My youngest was a cranky bear when he woke, but I suppose that I would be too if I had fallen asleep on a hardwood floor.
At least I got some sweet snuggles out of him as he groggily came to.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment