Benjamin graduated from kindergarten this evening! He’s officially a big kid now.
To clarify, Ben will be going to kindergarten next year at our neighborhood public school. Being born at the end of September, he missed the September 1st cut-off for enrollment this year. That was just fine with me. I think that there is much to be said for having a little extra time before going to elementary school (but, we’ll save that for another blog).
So, Benjamin spent the past year in a kindergarten program at his preschool. What a fantastic year! His teachers were just incredible. Ben has grown more than I can describe. And tonight was the culmination of it all. Benjamin had been looking forward to this night for weeks. He performed, sang, donned his little cap, and received his diploma. And we were there, with the lovely Mrs. P, to cheer him on.
I didn’t cry (I’ll save that for when I put Ben on the bus in September), but I was awfully proud.
Pierre was pretty darn proud too (could they be any more alike?).
And we can’t leave out Nicholas. More than anything, he wanted to wear Ben’s hat, but he’ll have to wait for his own graduation.
School is all done for the summer. Many, many summertime adventures to come.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment