The boys have turned into pint-sized potty mouths. It is driving me up-the-wall crazy!
Where on earth did my adorable, sweet, little boys go? They’ve been replaced by big boys who think bodily functions, and talking about them, are hilarious. All the time. Everywhere. And especially at the dinner table. AT THE DINNER TABLE!! Oh no. I don’t think so boys. The time-out corner has been getting quite a workout as of late.
Case in point: We were at the park earlier this week when a little girl ran crying to her mommy, “Those boys are doing poopy-talk!” She pointed towards the far corner of the park, where Benjamin and Nicholas were playing on a jungle gym. I looked over, and guess who the culprits were? Yes, my sons. I was the mom at the park with the naughty children. I apologized to the little girl (her mom was super cool, and laughed it all off), and my boys got an earful. We left the park very soon afterwards. Go straight to time-out. Do not pass “Go”. Do not collect $200.
Everything lately has been poopy. Benjamin and Nicholas revel in inventing new uses for the word. Poopy-face. Poopy-bum. Poopy-car. Poopy-truck. Poopy-space-shuttle. Poopy-Christmas-tree. I find myself being impressed with their creativity, then very quickly remember that they are being potty mouths! And now that the word poopy is off-limits, doo-doo has taken it’s place. Nicholas called Benjamin a doo-doo-face in the car yesterday. The two of them would have fallen out of their car-seats laughing, had they not been strapped-in.
Oh, and best of all? They love telling me when the other uses the word poopy. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard one of them yell, “Mommy!!! Nicholas (or Benjamin) said poopy!” Seriously?
Honestly, finding poop funny must be something that boys inherit on the Y chromosome.
This had better be a quick phase. The time-out corner is getting worn-out.
Do not be fooled by these sweet faces.
xo Naomi
P.S. Benjamin woke-up with the sniffles this morning. He just told me, “Mommy. I think watching the Disney Channel will help my cold.”
Comments
Post a Comment