Wow. It’s Labor Day weekend. The unofficial end to summer. I blinked (must stop blinking), and we are already two days away from back-to-school. Yikes!
Summertime is busy for everyone. There is always tons going on, tons to do, and not enough time to do it all. So, when I start to think about all the stuff that I wanted to accomplish with the boys, and never got around to, I need to remind myself of all the things we did do, before the mommy-guilt settles in.
So here it is, a roundup (in no particular order) of our summer fun. I asked all three of my men to help me with this by shouting out their favorite parts of the summer. Here’s what we came up with:
Waving flags with friends at the Memorial Day parade, planting a garden, a trip to the railroad museum, a yard sale, a week in Lake George, a visit to Fort Ticonderoga, fun at Great Escape, fishing, swimming, sand castles, dinners out, Canada Day BBQ with friends, July 4th celebration and fireworks with friends, swimming lessons, the pool, the pool, the pool, bike rides, watching momma-dove and her babies, camping in Lake Taconic State Park, play-dates, park days, flower-picking, watermelon-growing, tomato-eating, being inspired by the Olympics, a visit from Grandma and Grandpa, camping in the basement, eating more ice cream than is nutritionally recommended (!), a day in Cape May, seafood (yum!), a trip to Montreal, the Botanical Gardens and Insectarium, the Ecomuseum, visiting good friends, an awesome BBQ with loved ones, a small-town carnival and exploring the fire engine, picnic by the river, caterpillars, birthday parties, baking, jamming (spiced plum, that is), BBQing on the back deck…
The boys and their buddy explore the river after a picnic.
Yum! Nothing better than fresh-picked tomatoes from the garden.
And finally, a train ride in Amish country this weekend. It seems that we started, and ended, our summer with trains:
Definitely a great end to a great summer! There is a lot that I’m going to miss about summertime, but there is so much to look forward to for the fall. The boys are already talking about what they want to be for Halloween (I’ll thank overzealous retailers for that one!).
Why not try your own summertime round-up? You’ll feel great if you do.
Happy Labor Day!
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment