The boys were playing together in the living-room yesterday, when I overheard this conversation (I LOVE listening to them talk to each other. Especially when they don’t know that I’m listening):
Nicholas: “Ben, I’m a big boy. I’m not a little boy” (this is a very big deal in Nicholas’ world right now).
Benjamin: “Ok Nicholas. You’re a big boy” (what a nice big brother he is!).
Nicholas: “And Dillon is a big boy too” (Dillon is Nicholas’ best buddy).
Benjamin: “Yep. Dillon is a big boy”.
Nicholas: “And Elliott (Dillon’s older sister) is a big boy”.
Me, from the kitchen: “No Nicholas. Elliott is a big girl, not a big boy”.
Benjamin: “No Mommy. Elliott is a pretty girl, not a big girl. Girls don’t like to be called big”.
That’s right Ben. Smart kid, eh?
xo Naomi
That's one smart kid you've got there! I hope he remembers it forever. With his good looks and smarts, girls his age don't stand a chance!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! Gotta teach him young, right? =)
DeleteLove it! Ben is a very smart boy and Elliott is a very lucky girl!! I can tell he will always take such good care of her! Love!
ReplyDeleteHe just loves her. And she is the cutest, sweetest little girl ever!
Delete