I don’t know about you, but I am feeling pretty darn hopeful. Yesterday was the first day of Spring! Today, the sun is shining, and I can just feel the last little grip of winter pulling away (until Tuesday that it, when it’s supposed to snow!). Regardless, I feel hopeful. My tulips are starting to pop through the earth. I’m dreaming about B.B.Q., warm evenings on my deck, and hot days at the pool. A girl can dream, right?
To celebrate the first day of Spring, the boys and I joined friends at our local Rita’s for free water ice! Yep, free!! What could possibly be better? Our fingers froze as we help tight to our cups, but (wow!) did that water ice ever taste good. I think the smiles say it all:
As part of the promotion, Rita’s asked for donations of non-perishables to the food bank. Oops. I didn’t know. Ben asked about it as we were heading for the car. The boys and I agreed that we needed to find something to donate, so we made a quick stop at the closest grocery store where Benjamin and Nicholas chose a couple types of cereal, crackers and boxes of pasta. We skipped back around to Rita’s on our way home, and put our purchases in the donation bin. Ben said afterwards that if we got free water ice, we needed to give something in return. It felt good.
In other news, I missed Throwback Thursday yesterday, so here’s my not-so-way-back picture to share:
This picture really isn’t old at all, but it is one of my absolute favorites. It was taken during one of the boys’ very first sleepovers, with each other. They were so excited, and I love the look of pure enjoyment and fun on their faces. A copy of this picture hangs in Nicholas’ room. It never fails to make me smile.
Here’s hoping that you are feeling hopeful too (there’s a whole lot of hope in that sentence)!
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment