Happy Monday! Is that an oxymoron?
We started our week with a sniffle, sniffle, cough. And a side of conjunctivitis! Nicholas is home sick today. There’s a Spring (as opposed to Winter, Summer or Fall! What’s the difference?) cold passing through our house right now. As well as a little pink eye. Um, yuck! Ben’s getting over it, and generously passed it along to his brother. What a thing to share! How kind.
In any case, I let the boys turn on a movie this morning, while I hunkered down to work on a paper for school (my third to last one of the semester. Whoop-whoop!). They chose Despicable Me 2, which we had rented for the weekend. Can’t get enough of those minions. Benjamin and Nicholas were busy watching (don’t judge) and I was busy writing, when Happy by Pharrell Williams came on. Oh my gosh! Do I love that song! It just makes me, well, happy! I know, not an original description, but I call ‘em like I see ‘em (or hear ‘em in this case)!
I was right in the middle of a sentence when I though, why not? I jumped up from the table, bounced into the living-room and grabbed each boy by the hand. We had a quick, impromptu dance party while Gru and his minions filled the T.V. screen. Benjamin laughed, Nicholas giggled (between sniffles). When it was done we were all a little out of breath, but smiling wide. And as a bonus, I burned a few calories in my bid to get bathing-suit ready.
Happy is my new Spring theme song.
If you don’t know the song (and I’m not sure how that’s even possible since it is always on the radio), click the link and take a listen. Even if you know it, treat yourself and hear it again. I dare you not to dance!
xo Naomi
Yes, I think that Happy Monday is an oxymoron! I hope your kid feels better soon. It must be worrying and unpleasant to know him sick, but at least you spent a happy morning with them. Congrats for getting up from your chair and dancing with them!
ReplyDeleteThanks Irene! And thank you for reading my blog. Nicholas is feeling better, but I am such a grouch this morning that I should probably crank-up Happy, and dance around my kitchen! =)
DeleteIt was my pleasure to visit your blog and read it because it has some very good information. I'm glad Nicholas feels better. How are you feeling?. I hope you are well and I wish you good health!
DeleteThanks so much Irene! I'm well. Finally finding time to get back to blogging. Than you so much for reading!
Delete