That’s it. It’s official: I live with three boys. And not cute, adorable, baby, little boys anymore. Nope. Two full-fledged, messy, grubby, loud boys, and one grown-up version of a boy. I am surrounded by all forms of testosterone.
You’re probably thinking, “Naomi, this has only just occurred to you?” I hear you. I realize that this is nothing new. After all, I gave birth to two of the three, but in case I ever had any doubt about being the lone female in the house (even the dog used to be a boy), the unthinkable happened last week. Brace yourself….Benjamin has started leaving the toilet-seat up.
Gasp. Ugh.
I first noticed this new development in our powder room, late last week. Strange, I thought to myself. Then, I almost fell in at about 3:00 a.m. one morning a few days ago. An unpleasant surprise, to say the least. I was unimpressed, and naturally gave Pierre the gears, he being the most likely culprit. He feigned complete innocence. Hmmmm… now, I knew it couldn't be Nicholas, he who refuses to stand while using the potty. Stubborn. And unless Pierre is letting Ben take the heat, all clues point to my oldest as the toilet-seat offender. Now, to catch him in the act…
In the meantime, I’m going to need to have a chat with Ben about toilet seat etiquette in our house. I’d ask Pierre to handle this one, but he says that he’d rather have the seat up too. Great. Very helpful.
Boys. Good grief.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment