It has been a whole week since I last blogged. Here’s why:
The boys were absolutely at each other last week. Fighting, picking on each other, not sharing…not to mention the whining, crying, arguing, and late-night wake-ups. Needless to say, I wasn’t feeling all that inspired to blog. And was just too darn tired to even think about writing down any coherent thoughts. Momma said there’d be days (or whole weeks!!) like this, eh?
There was one small glimmer of hope at the end of the week though. Friday afternoon snack saw some kindness between my little men. Benjamin had decided on cheese crackers for snack, Nicholas wanted a home-made oatmeal cookie. I gave each the snack of his choice, when Benjamin decided that he wanted a cookie too. The problem with this? Nicholas had the last one.
“Sorry Ben,” I replied. “I just gave Nicholas the last cookie. I’ll have to bake some more.”
Ben started to pout. Here we go again. Then, Nicholas said:
“That’s okay Ben. I give you some of my cookie.” And Nicholas broke the cookie in half, handing the piece to his brother.
Benjamin accepted his piece of cookie, then said, “I’ll share my cheese crackers with you Nicholas.” And he placed a small handful of crackers in Nicholas’ snack bowl.
I gave each of my monkeys a little kiss, and told them how proud I was that they were sharing beautifully, and being so thoughtful.
So, a silver lining in an otherwise dark week of behavior. Exactly what I needed.
Onto another week….
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment