So, it would appear that my sons are tick-magnets (ha, ha….get it?).
As I blogged before, Nicholas was bitten by a deer tick last Tuesday, on his birthday. Ugh. Then, this weekend, another creepy-crawly was found making its way up Nicholas’ arm during supper. Nicholas started screaming, “Bad ant, bad ant!!”, and though Pierre and I initially tried to convince him that all was o.k., we soon got a look at the bugger and realized (yep, you guessed it!), a tick!! Nicholas was right, the bad ant was back. We discreetly squished it (so as not to scare the boys off all bugs), and continued with our meal. Double-Ugh. Appetite gone.
And now this morning, while playing with the boys in the basement (anyone see the common denominator here?), I found a nasty little parasitic friend crawling up my arm. Triple-ugh. This time, however, I was prepared! How? Well, yesterday we received a Bug-Jug in the mail from Benjamin and Nicholas’ nature-loving Auntie Jenn and Uncle Jordan. With the jug came the reminder that, “All bugs (even ticks) are friends”. I had a good laugh about it, thinking to myself, “Perfect we’ll use it to catch fireflies and lady-bugs.” I should have known better. The Bug-Jug’s first resident? A tick.
So, thank you Auntie Jenn and Uncle Jordan. I caught the little sucker in the jug, took a good look at it (turns out it was a dog-tick this time), then unceremoniously flushed it down the toilet. A burial at sea, if you will. All bugs (excepting ticks) are friends.
Morissette family: 3. Ticks: 0.
Three ticks in eight days, and the summer has only just started. Good grief.
xo Naomi
Happy the bug-jug (aka tick-jug) came in handy so soon! Befriend the ticks! ;)
ReplyDeleteAs for your boys - just wait until they start bringing home things bigger than ticks...like snakes! I'll have to send you bigger container. Can't help you once they start bringing home girls though (and some will be just as clingy as ticks) - you're on your own there.
xoxo
Jenn
OMG. I laughed out-loud at this moment!! Lord help me if they bring home clingy-girls. Love you!! xo
ReplyDelete