We are slowly getting used to life without Diesel, as much as that is possible anyway. I swear that I can see him hiding at the top of the stairs each time I vacuum (then barking until my ears hurt because he can’t get back down). The boys are handling everything in stride. They ask questions, wonder what Diesel is doing in Heaven, and are talking about a puppy. They feel the space left by Diesel as much as Pierre and I do, and for them a puppy is a tangible way to fill the void. They’re kids. I’m not ready yet.
We’re planning on making a garden stone to remember our big lug. More to come on that.
In the meantime, I have four or five blogs floating around in my head, from before Diesel, that I need to commit to print. The first is all about testing out Benjamin and Grandpa’s ice cream hypothesis.
Remember this entry from a few weeks ago? Benjamin wanted to know all about the word hypothesis. He even called Grandpa to share his new word. Grandpa had a question of his own: If he sent Benjamin a Dairy Queen gift certificate, what would happen? Ben hypothesized that he would eat ice cream.
Well, a week or so ago, this came in the mail for Ben:
Included was a twenty-dollar bill. Guess who sent it? Yep, Grandpa. And Grandma helped too. I cannot tell you know excited the boys were to get mail of their own. The twenty-dollars didn’t hurt either.
There was just one thing to do…Go to Dairy Queen and test Ben’s hypothesis. What do you think happened?
Proving his hypothesis.
Hypothesis proven.
I think that Nicholas liked Ben’s experiment a whole lot too. Anything in the name of science, right?
Ice cream = happy kid.
Isn’t science fun?
And, we got to check two items off our Summer To-Do list: Going to Dairy Queen and eating ice cream. Win-win all around, I’d say.
Thank you Grandpa and Grandma.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment