Funny stuff to start your Friday.
Nicholas: “My cereal needs an accessory…milk!!”
*****
Benjamin: “Mommy, you are the only girl in our house, the only one who has curly hair, the only one who can’t wink AND the only one who can’t roll their tongue. I think you are an alien.” Coming from Ben, that’s high praise.
*****
The boys are all about being spies right now. Yesterday, while shopping at Costco, Ben made a lady walking by crack-up laughing when he declared: “Nicholas, this spy mission is getting out of hand!”
****
Nicholas, playing with his planes: “Mommy, Zed and Ned are crashing into each other. They need a consequence.” Can you guess which of my children spends considerable time in time-out?
So many ways to be silly!
Randomly from Nicholas: “If I had a pet caterpillar, I’d call him poopy.” I think he just wanted an opportunity to say the word poop.
****
Benjamin, after I told him that he makes me smile: “Mommy, my bucket is so full, it’s overflowing!” Have you read this book with your children? I’ll pull it out every so often, when the boys are being crabby. It’s a good reminder for adults too!
****
Benjamin, not wanting to ride his two-wheeler last night: “My motto is ‘Walk Once, Bike Once’. Since I biked last night, I think I’ll walk tonight.” Nice try kid, get on your bike.
****
Nicholas, after having almost been rundown by a shopping cart at Costco yesterday: “If that lady squished me, I’d be flat as a pancake!” And he said it loud enough for her to hear too. Good grief! My reply to Nicholas? “If she had squished you, I wouldn’t be able to sell you.”
****
Finally, my favorite moment of the week? When Benjamin explained all about symbiosis (yes, symbiosis) to his Uncle Kevin. It went something like this: “You know, symbiosis. When two animals work together. Like the honeyguide and honey badger. Or sharks and pilot fish. Or hippos and birds. Or crabs and urchins. Or buffalos and buffalo birds…” Once again, thank you Wild Kratts. I feel way less guilty about my boys’ T.V. watching, when they actually learn something. Symbiosis!!
These two keep me laughing!
Need another reason to smile? Try out these perfect summer sweets: S'more Rice Krispie Treats from Iowa Girl Eats, one of my very favorite foodie (and other fun stuff) blogs. I made these a few weeks ago for a BBQ with friends. They did not last long, and are totally worth the extra effort.

TGIF everyone. More blogs to come as the summer slowly (quickly!) winds down.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment