Before quiet-time this afternoon, Nicholas and I did a little Color Wonder together. I love Color Wonder!! All the greatness of markers, no mess.
We were busy coloring Spiderman pictures when Nicholas looked over at mine and said, “Mommy! You’re coloring it wrong. Spiderman doesn’t look like that!”
Nicholas did not like my Spiderman coloring.
“Oh,” I said. “Well, this is Spiderman's other costume.”
Nicholas sighed with frustration, “It’s not a costume Mommy. Spiderman doesn’t wear a costume, he wears a suit.”
Oops. Guess I’d better brush-up on my Spiderman vocabulary.
“Okay, then this is Spiderman’s other suit. His first suit got dirty while he was fighting bad-guys. He had to put it in the wash.”
Nicholas threw his hands in the air, “Mommy!!! Spiderman doesn’t do the wash!”
Really? “Hmmm…well, what does Spiderman do when his clothes are dirty?”
“Spidergirl does it,” Nicholas replied without looking up from his coloring.
I sputtered a mouthful of tea, “Spidergirl? Why can’t Spiderman do his own laundry?”
“Because Mommy,” Nicholas replied matter-of-factly. “Spiderman is busy outside fighting bad guys, so Spidergirl stays home to wash his suits.”
Hmmm…I think I walked right into that one.
I fixed Nicholas with my best Mommy-Stink-Eye, “I don’t think I like the sound of that.”
Nicholas fixed me with his best I’m-So-Cute smile, “Sometimes Spidergirl fights bad guys too, but mostly she does the wash.”
Something tells me that Pierre and I might need to reexamine what we’re unconsciously teaching our sons.
And it’s time to show Nicholas how to do the wash.
xo Naomi
lol, very clever! I think he's referring Spider girl to you.. see you're a hero. :)
ReplyDeleteHa!! I didn't look at it as being a hero. I love it! Thank you!
Delete