The dog eats dust-bunnies.
This is problematic in two ways: First, Indy eats dust-bunnies - which I am pretty sure are not a staple of a Goldendoodle’s diet. And second, there are dust-bunnies large enough in my house for the dog to find and be enticed to eat. Frankly, I’m not sure which is the bigger problem. I suppose that if I cleaned the house a little more thoroughly, there wouldn’t be any dust-bunnies to eat. Maybe it’s not really a problem at all. If I forget to feed the dog and haven’t cleaned in awhile, then I’m all set.
I was vacuuming upstairs this afternoon, and Indy was following me around like a fuzzy shadow. He likes to gnaw on the vacuum tube (also a problem). Usually, I put him in his crate when I clean. Today, Indy was being good (read: not gnawing the tube), so I let him follow me from room-to-room. As I busily tidied Ben’s room, trying desperately to avoid wayward pieces of Lego (Vacuum: 2, Lego: 0) I noticed Indy trying to shimmy his way under Ben’s bed. Considering how big he is getting, this was no easy feat. Thinking Indy was after a stuffed-animal, I bent down to grab whatever was in his line of sight – just in time to see my pup suck a dust-bunny through his lips (do dogs have lips?) like an oyster from its shell. Sluuurppppp! The dust-bunny was pretty big too (embarrassingly so).
Oh, and Ben is allergic dust-mites. Awesome.
Apparently, I don’t need the iRobot vacuum for Christmas this year. I have the dog. Puppies, like toddlers, will eat just about anything.
Nicholas gives Indy some puppy-love.
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment