Is there such thing as post-vacation depression? There must be, and I think I have it.
We’re just back from a glorious week (I cannot describe it with any other word) at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Florida with Pierre’s dad and my parents. No parks for us, but seven sun-filled days of pool and ocean, with a side trip to Kennedy Space Center. And time spent with my boys. Being home is a tough adjustment, even for a homebody like me. Why? Check-out the photos below, and you’ll easily see. (I think there must also be post-vacation-laziness, and I’m using our vacation pictures as an excuse for blogging).
This was the view from our balcony every morning. I could easily have gotten used to listening to the waves with my cup of tea in hand to start the day:
We spent most of our days in the pool. Ask the boys what they wanted to do each morning, and we’d hear a chorus of “Go to the pool”. It’s so nice when they agree with each other. By the end of the week, I was more than a little water-logged, but raisins for fingers were worth the smiles.
By far the favorite pastime was the slide. Both boys developed their own style. Benjamin’s was all about speed, while Nicholas described his technique as being, “completely out of control”.
When we weren’t dipping in the pool, we were playing in the waves and sand.
And when Pierre and I could get the boys out of the water, there was time left over for a little pirate fun with an old friend…
…and even a campfire with roasted marshmallows and S’mores. Need a S’mores fix? Make these cookies.
Nesting turtles, a visit to Kennedy Space Center, a rocket launch, No-See-Ums, and learning to love flying so my kids will too…so much more to come.
The best part of this vacation? Benjamin and Nicholas had Grandma, Grandpa and Grand-Papa in the same place for a whole week!
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment