There has been a whole lot of cake in our house lately.
First up was Pierre’s birthday and by request, I made his mom’s Strawberry Shortcake. Now, I don’t have the knack for making it that Grand-Maman did, but I think mine is a close second. Benjamin and Nicholas volunteered to decorate, and lick whipped-cream off their little fingers.
Next up was Nicholas’ birthday extravaganza. Is it just in our house, or has anyone else noticed that the kids’ birthdays become full admission events? Between a special snack day at school, his birthday party, packages being delivered to the house, and his actual day of birth, Nicholas’ birthday was a week long celebration! It was a Very Jake Birthday for my big four-year-old. More on his party later, but for now here’s a picture of the cake:
For directions on how to make this Never Land Treasure Chest cake, click here.
And finally, Nicholas’ fourth birthday, as in the day he was born, this past week. Nicholas chose his cake, and I baked. Guess what he chose?
Yep, Grand-Maman’s shortcake! I’m getting a whole lot of practice with that recipe.
More to come on Nicholas’ pirate party. Go eat some cake!
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment