Doesn't that title sound dramatic?
So, I've been in a bit of a forced hiatus from blogging the last few week because my laptop went kaput. It more or less imploded. My motherboard fried. I love that term "motherboard". Next time I need a break from my stinkbugs, I'm going to tell them that my motherboard is fried! Am pretty sure that term is medical accurate for mommies everywhere.
Anyhow, my laptop is done. Finished. Landfill. Which stinks. Technology is awesome, when it works. When it doesn't, I realize just how dependent I've become on all my electronic devices. Scary. And how bad I am at backing up my files. I had a mini panic-attack, convinced that I had lost the 200+ photos that I had taken this summer (Lesson? Back-up your stuff!). Thankfully, the technology gurus at our local computer store were able to find and save all my files, pulling them back from cyber oblivion. Whew!
Now, I'm typing away on my new laptop ready to get back to blogging. What's coming up? A round-up our summer activities and a little more about the boys' start to school. I could not be happier with their teachers this year! More to come too on birthday cakes, my awesome new hat from Four Swede and tips for Disney World. Promise. It's all coming.
And, I have a call-out for some help! I'm compiling a list of children's book for a new section on this blog. Share your favorite ones with me, and I'll post them of all to see.
xo Naomi
P.S. How excited are you that it's fall? I'm making this Butternut Squash Soup right now. Take a look at the Most Positive Helpful Review for some delicious tweeks to the recipe. Yum!
Comments
Post a Comment