It’s Monday again – woot-woot!! A new week filled with possibilities, right?
Does that sound too positive for a Monday? Maybe. Least week was a stinker, so this week has got to be better. Pierre and I are having renovations done to our basement – a full bathroom, which we’ve been saving up to do for the past five years or so. No joke. Right now I feel as though we’re on a bad episode of HGTV. Through no fault of our contractor’s (who is WONDERFUL – yes, I shouted it), we’re in a bit of a watery-mess, and underwater with our budget. I’ve watched enough Love It or List It to know that we’re not the first.
Yep, that’s water coming in between the foundation and floor. April showers indeed. Ugh. Thankfully, Pierre and I were put in touch with an expert in waterproofing basements, and by the end of this week we’ll have a nice, dry space.
The water made for a pretty anxious week with a lot of phone calls, discussions and a few tears. Oh, and the dog was sick. Think stomach flu. Yuck! And that was before he ate the stuffing out of an armchair cushion. Aren’t puppies fun? All that meant not a lot of time spent with Benjamin and Nicholas. So, Pierre and I declared Sunday to be Family Fun Sunday! No phone, no renovation worries, no stuffing, and no stress.
However, I did start the day off a little wet:
This big lug needed a bath. Goldendoodles are kind of like wool sweaters. They shrink when wet! I love the look on his face. He seems a lot unhappier that he really was. In fact, Indy loves the bath. It’s attention. And he’ll take any type of attention, wet or otherwise.
No worries. It didn’t take long for Indy to be back to his fluffy self:
It’s a toss-up as to whose hair is frizzier: his or mine?
Pierre and I had planned to take the boys for breakfast and a bike ride for Family Fun Sunday when our neighbors, the lovely Mrs. and Mr. P., offered us tickets to the Reading Fightin’ Phils. We traded tickets for chocolate cake (Remember how I said that I bake when stressed? Saturday, I baked a layered chocolate cake with fudge icing. ‘Nuff said). Our first baseball game, and we had a blast! The weather was gorgeous. Between the sunshine, hot dogs, free pretzels, and time spent with good neighbors, we could not have had a nicer day. The boys even met Screwball. Yes, Screwball.
After the game, it was off to Nicholas’ first t-ball practice. Does he look ready?
We ended the day with our first B.B.Q. of the season. Nothing tastes better than that very first burger after a long, cold, snowy winter. Now, it is pouring rain and Pierre is off with the boys to swim lessons, leaving me home to write a paper for school – which I am obviously not doing. Since Pierre does read this blog (I love you!), I better get to it! Busted!!
Happy Monday. Here’s hoping for a positive (dry?) week.
xo Naomi
Your boy looks absolutely adorable in his t-ball outfit Naomi!
ReplyDeleteGlad to have stumbled upon your blog, you have some very entertaining stories :-)
Hi Cathy!! Thank you so, so much. My boys keep me laughing, so it's fun to share!
Delete