The boys were happily playing in Benjamin’s room yesterday. Yes. All alone! Happily!! So, taking advantage of the situation, lest it be like Halley’s comet and not return for another 80 some-odd years, I plopped myself on my bed, and opened a book. Ahhhhhh……
No sooner had my mommy-tummy hit the quilt then little feet hit my threshold. Nicholas. He climbed onto my bed with a car that he had made out of Gears (think Lego with cranks and wheels), and started to play. And as he played, he talked to himself: it was going to snow, and his little car needed snow tires. I pretended to read, but mostly I just watched my youngest. Between his super long lashes (why do boys always get the good eyelashes?), sweet little cheeks, and adorable wee voice as he carried on a conversation about his car, he was just too cute. I was smitten all over again.
“Nicholas,” I whispered. “I have a secret for you.”
“What it is?” he asked in three-year-old speech.
“I like you.” I said.
He gave me an enormous smile, and went back to playing. After a moment, he stopped:
“Mommy, I have a secret for you.”
“What is it?” I asked.
Nicholas put his mouth to my ear. I waited. And waited. And waited some more with his apple-juicy breath on my cheek as he thought of his secret for me….
Finally, he whispered, “Dragon-face.”
Ummmm. Dragon-face?
I looked at my little man. His face was lit up in a smile, obviously proud of his special word.
What to do? I kissed his pert nose. And told him that I loved his secret.
I love this face!
xo Naomi
awesome!!! and the hat!!! way to represent!!!! love all of it!!:)xo
ReplyDeleteI knew you would love that one!!
Delete