Bring on the lazy, hazy days of summer. Seriously. With an emphasis on the lazy!
With swim team practices and swimming lessons, there hasn’t been all that much time for lazy, but the change in schedule (no school drop-off and pick-ups. Yeah!) has definitely been nice. And spending each morning at the pool, watching the boys swim, isn’t such a hardship. We’ve gotten into a nice little routine, and it feels pretty great. Right now, I’m dreading September. I’ll let you know if I still feel the same at the end of August.
To add to our summer excitement, the boys and I sat down last week to create our Summer To-Do List. We did this last year, and had such fun ticking-off the items on our list. Plus, the list gives me a bit of a summer cheat sheet, while letting Ben and Nicholas have a little say in what we do during their (and my) time-off from school.
So, out came the poster board and markers (they’ve graduated from crayons), and we imagined all the fun, creative adventures that we could have over the next two months.
It was serious business.
Both boys helped to write the list. They drew check-off boxes, and added exclamation points to all their favorite ideas. There is a whole lot of added punctuation!!!
Here’s our list:
Some of our ideas were stolen from last year’s list: what summer would be complete without catching fireflies? And others were summertime givens – go the pool, stay up late, play in the sprinkler, have a party – we’ve check those off the list. There are a few that might be a little more challenging. Nicholas is determined to pass the swim test at the pool so he can go off the diving boards. He needs to swim a lap of the pool and tread water for sixty seconds. It might take all summer, but we’ll get him there. And did you notice “Get Canadian Citizenship”? That’s a mommy to-do. I need to get Ben and Nicholas there citizenship cards. I’ve been dragging my feet about doing the paperwork and photos. Now, it’s on the list! You can hold me to it. The boys certainly will.
I’ll keep you posted as we check items off our list. Anyone else have summer to-dos? Share!!
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment