I wanted to share this sweet moment from today:
Benjamin was busily eating a cookie for snack this afternoon, when he suddenly stopped and stared into space. He was thinking hard about something, and I could bet that it was important to him. Sure enough, after a few moments he looked at me and said,
“Mommy, we should make cookies for people who don’t have any homes”.
Wow! Where did that big thought come from?
“Why do you want to make cookies for people who don’t have homes, Ben?” I asked.
He took a bite of his cookie, and said, “Because it would be nice, and it would make them happy.”
Pretty great kid, isn’t he?
So I explained to Ben about soup kitchens, then said that we could find one, and see if they would let us bring homemade cookies for everyone to eat.
“Yes,” Ben replied enthusiastically. “Can we do that? Can we find a soup kitchen?”
I promised him that we would, and I am going to make sure that I follow through. I think some chocolate-chip cookies would be just right.
This evening, I told Pierre about my conversation with Ben. Pierre shared that he had talked with both boys yesterday about how sometimes people don’t have homes, or can’t buy food. Pierre doesn’t remember exactly how the talk came about, but obviously something stuck. And came back out in the most incredible way.
I’m pretty darn proud of my thoughtful little man.
More on this to come…
xo Naomi
Comments
Post a Comment